Grid Dynamics is looking for a Solution Architect with a specialization in distributed systems and data management to work on complex technology programs. Solution Architect leads the architecture design of business applications for internal company processes.
The Solution Architect is responsible for:
- Understand the company’s business domain and business use cases
- Investigate and analyze current systems (custom company’s business apps, 3’d party services, etc.) functionality and non-functional requirements
- Create roadmap and architecture design of Tools development including new apps, data management solution, security model, integration model
- Define how the company’s structured and unstructured data will be stored, consumed and shared
- Design, build and maintain the company’s data management solution
- Create architecture design for new business apps including data and security models, recommendations for the tech stack
- Lead the engineering team through the implementation
- Provide technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables
- Experience with service-oriented or microservices architecture
- 5+ years of experience in software development as an architect, tech lead or developer
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data quality, data security, analytics and BI, and data architecture
- Distributed application design principles
- Cloud infrastructure, preferably in the context of distributed applications.
- Functional and performance test automation.
- CICD process and infrastructure, ideally in the context of multi-service applications.
Nice to have:
- Enjoy analyzing and solving problems
- Be ready to take responsibility and delivery on the promise
- Don’t shy away from speaking and engaging with people in all roles
- Be able to communicate ideas in a clear and engaging way
- Be resourceful and creative in solving problems
- Understand tactics and strategy in decision making
- Be able to explain complex concepts in understandable terms
- Education in computer science, math, or physics.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects.
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule.
- Medical insurance.
- Benefits program.
- Social package - medical insurance, sports.
- Corporate social events.
- Professional development opportunities.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.